"Lisa and her Pyjamas" is based on positive persistence and tolerance.Read More
At Price - $12.99 + tax
"Dandelion" is based on anti-bullying.Read More
At Price - $12.99 + tax
"Magical Words" is based on respect and positive empowerment of others.Read More
At Price - $19.99 + 5% tax
My name is Judy Weagle. I was born and brought up in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. I graduated from McMaster University in Hamilton and also from Hamilton Teachers’ College.
I taught elementary school for twenty-five years. I taught in the Halton Separate School Board, the Sudbury District Roman Catholic Separate School Board, and the York Catholic District School Board where I retired from in 2013.
Now I have chosen to self-publish children’s books in order to continue to empower them through my books and my presentations. So far I have written and published three books.
My first is titled “Lisa and her Pyjamas”. The second is titled “Dandelion” and the third one is “Magical Words”. I intend to continue writing stories and perhaps even poems in the near future to empower children and also to motivate them to do right and positive things in their lives.
Tune in to hear Judy introduce her books, talk about her inspiration for them, how they are different from the others and what to expect from her in the future??? Don't miss this fun session ...
St. John Chrysostom CES, Newmarket
Aurora Preparatory Academy
St. Nicholas CES, Newmarket
10 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Indigospirit Georgetown Market Place,
280 Guelph Street
9 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Our Lady of Hope CES.
Holy Name CES.
Aurora Street Festival
76 Barrie View Dr., Barrie
Lady of Hope Catholic Elementary School
York Pride Festival
Our Lady of Hope CES, Richmond Hill
St. Jerome CES, Aurora,
St. Clare CES, Woodbridge,
St. Elizabeth Seton CES,
St. Anthony CES, Thornhill
St. Cecilla CES, Maple
SAINT JOSEPH Catholic Elementary School, Ontario
My presentation is geared to JK to grade six children. It can be from half an hour up to forty minutes in length depending on what has been decided on in advance. The library is the best place for the presentation.
I can meet one or two classes at a time to a maximum of forty students.I come for the whole day and present to classes until the last recess bell. After the last recess bell I work on the orders and place the orders in the teachers’ mailboxes.
The cost of my presentation is $250.00 plus HST for a total of $282.50.I gift one signed copy of each book to the school library.
I will use the board courier or Canada Post to send the school a copy of each book before my visit, so that the teachers and the children are able to look at the books before my visit.
I need room to put a banner and stand 48” high by 72” wide, a table, a chair and space for one or two A-frame signs.
1. I introduce myself and give a little bit of personal history.
2. I read one of my books and discuss its message.
3. Children can role play using masks that represent the characters from "Dandelion".
4. There is time allotted for questions from the teachers and children.
5. This activity is optional and will need to be arranged ahead of time. The teachers take photos with their digital devices of children (who wish to participate) in an A-frame “sign” of a camel (4’x3’) or a llama (3’x2’). The children poke their face through a hole in the painting. If the teachers choose to they can then email these photos to the children’s parents.
6. I communicate with the teacher librarian and/or the teachers by email so that they can tell me what they want to include in my presentation. For example grade three teachers have asked me to discuss the writing process.
Each participating classroom teacher sends home a copy of my letter of introduction and a child’s order form that is attached to this letter, two weeks ahead of my visit. I will email the PDF to the teacher librarian or designated person in charge a few weeks before the date of my presentation. Before my visit each teacher can collect the envelopes with the order forms and the exact cash from students who purchase any books and place these envelopes in a larger class envelope. I will collect the class envelopes and distribute the books. A receipt will be given for each order.
Available for Birthday Parties: The birthday child receives a free book.
Cost per session: $100.00 plus tax for one hour presentation.
Activities to Choose:
1. Reading by me of one or both books.
2. Children participate in a hunt for Lisa dolls, stuffed llamas and camel toys.
3. Children dress up in various costumes related to the stories that are provided by me.
4. Children act using hand-held masks based on the characters from "Dandelion".
5. Parents take photos of children in the llama and camel A-frame signs.